Saturday, November 17, 2012

One of my favorite movies: Idiocracy

One of my most favorite movie of all time is "Idiocracy". I love, love, love the plot, the characters, everything even though some of the effects aren't that great still I love, love, love it. It's a fun movie yet it makes sense. I first saw it with my friends in one of my classes in college and since then I have fell in love with it. I mean personally, I really like that movie. For me it's like a social commentary, the one that shows us a different perspective of the world and society. For some this can be an exaggeration but that's just my opinion and everyone is free to have their own (^-^).  

What I really mean is that, when you watch the movie you laugh so hard and then pause for a moment asking yourself the "What if" question. What if this will be the future? What if this will be the kind of society the next generations will have? What if it's already happening now? What if... What if...

For those who haven't seen the movie (it was released in 2006 according to Wikipedia). I can give a short overview of the movie's plot.

Here it goes:

So, the government was trying an experiment on human hibernation and so they chose a very average man and woman as the test subjects. Then there was a problem that caused the project to be junked and forgotten. 

Fast forward 500 years. The test subject, "Joe" woke up in a society where people are dumb and regard intellectual ones with anger, hatred or pure discrimination. A world where an energy drink replaced water as the primary source for hydrating all life forms and water being just used for toilets (Imagine a world like that!).  

The story then rotates with Joe and he's co-test subject, Rita in their quest to find the 'time machine' (you have to see what that really is) while trying to save their lives from danger of being persecuted.

That's the meat of the movie. It really is a fun movie that me and my friends have enjoyed. For you to know if it really is a good movie (and well, know the whole story of the movie since I'm not really that awesome at writing summaries) I would advise you to see the movie for yourself and you can tell me your opinion about it.

Here's my favorite line form Idiocracy:

"Lead, follow or get out of the way"

Have a great Saturday everyone. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment