Sunday, November 4, 2012

The Power of a Smile


I was just wondering how really powerful a smile can be. If it is true that you can help brighten another person's day just by smiling. 

The thing is, usually people are so busy that they tend to go about their own businesses, not caring about the people around them. A good example would be the morning rush, people tend to pass by each other trying to walk fast so as not to be late in their jobs, schools, or meetings. You're probably asking where I'm going with this, right? Here's the story:

A few weeks ago, I was walking along with everyone else one morning when a person came across me, he was walking too. He was smiling at everyone and he smiled at me too, even greeted me good morning. As a normal reaction I smiled back. I don't know who he is really but it was a good way to start the day. I mean, I found myself smiling at people that came my way that morning and even though some did not smile back there are also some that did and it kind of gives off a certain happy feeling. I think I should thank that guy for making me start that day with a smile, so whoever you are anonymous guy "Thank you.":)

When I think about it, a smile can really have a big effect on others. I mean, wouldn't it? For example, when your buying stuff in a grocery store or ordering a meal in a fast food joint wouldn't the experience be more awesome if the teller / cashier greets you with a smile?

To end, I think I know now how powerful a smile can be. :)))

Have a great Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment