Thursday, October 25, 2012

Rainy days and memories

It has been another rainy day, it was to be expected with the tropical depression and all. Just as the rain fell almost as if endlessly from the gray skies, memories of my childhood days came pouring in.


I remember, before I used to love it when it rains especially when there's a typhoon. We used to run around and take a bath in the rain (we do take a real bath after). When there's a tyhoon, most of the time classes and work are cancelled making me and my family all stay at home, where we play monopoly or chess together while drinking hot drinks or sipping hot soup home-cooked by my mother (YUM!).

Even when the power is out due to the strong winds, we, as a family tend to find a way to make the experience a fun one. We tend to make shadow puppets using our hands and forming it like animals and stuff. One of my most favorite part during those times is when the power comes back on and we blow each candles one by one, singing the birthday song before blowing the fire out.

I really love it when that happens and I miss those days (though I would like to clarify that I don't love nor like the disasters brought about by typhoons).

Oh, the memories. It's fun to reminisce them every once and a while.

Do you love reminiscing memories too? Hope everyone's having a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment